Submitted: 08-29-2007 by Ryan_from_Ohio

I ended up picking this boat up brand new in the plastic as a second yak for my Dad to use. It's labeled as a Coleman Ultimate 100. The same Coleman who produces tents and camping gear.

I'm 5'11" and 220Lbs. This kayak is slightly more cramped than my Emotion Advant-Edge and it lacks foot pegs. The crampiness makes up for no foot pegs and provides a bit of brace. With the smaller cockpit comes the not as easy task of getting in and out. Again its not terrible or super hard, just not as easy as my other yak.

It's a bit tippy, but very manageable. The boat paddles fairly easy. It doesn't seem to have much "glide" effect. It also doesn't seem to slice through the water. The front entry is fairly rounded and creates a small white cap while in motion. I tried to paddle it as fast as I could. The faster I tried to go, the less safe it felt.
I would think this Kayak is best fit for a person under 6' and under 200Lbs.

In ending it seems like a good kayak to start out in if available for a fair price. Very nice recreational. Also, I paddled it with a Carslie Day Tripper paddle. I did not like the way the paddle felt one bit. I paddle my Advant-Edge with a Cav Pro paddle.