Submitted: 08-28-2007 by ghoti

I have been paddling this tuff weave model for 4 yrs and have had it in all varieties of conditions on lakes and slow rivers. Loaded, unloaded; 2,3 or 4 people; flat water, wind driven waves and boat wakes.

This canoe is very stable, very fast and inspires confidence under all reasonable conditions that one should be on the water in a canoe. Quartering waves cause a little wiggle, but the boat tracks true and stays on course easily. Only a little water has ever splashed over the side and this is a rare occasion.

Turning is not difficult with good communication between paddlers and even as intermediate paddlers we can spin the boat 360 around the mid point with ease. This canoe is very fast and once we kept up with a 10 hp pontoon boat in a mini "drag race". Unloaded, this boat is a dream to take out for day paddles.

This canoe is, IMHO, much more user-friendly than a Bell Northwoods we demo'ed alongside this canoe. The only point deduction is for a stern seat that tends to squeak and rock a little when really pushing the speed. When I'm in the stern I can lay backwards and my head rests on the gunwale endcap so I can go right to sleep.

Mr Jensen, where ever you are, you made me a believer in your designs after using this boat and I really want to try a Jensen solo. I highly recommend the Min II for lake and slow river travel.