Submitted: 08-28-2007 by j4708

I'm a 6'2" 230lb rookie kayaker. Just bought the 15'Prowler yesterday for $509 (retail $849) at an end of the year dealer clearance sale. Tried the Prowler 13, Wilderness Pungo 140, Pungo 120, Wilderness Search, and Old Town Cayuga 14. The Prowler 15 is better than any of them for my recreational day touring use. Very stable primary and secondary, great tracking (without rudder) and easy to maneuver. Versatile rigging with great storage fore and aft. Bought scupper hole plugs to keep water out of the foot area and they worked perfectly. This boat is only two pounds heavier than the 13' version but tracks better and is faster.

The only negative was the seat was uncomfortable (no butt padding and low back), so I had to buy a $90 high back which gave back support. It carries over 400 pounds and handled well in the Florida gulf. At this point I would highly recommend it!