Submitted: 08-27-2007 by mpa

My first review of this kayak (Aug. 2003) was one of disappointment. 4 years later, after many paddling trips in different conditions, my review is completely different. My paddling techniques have improved which makes my experience with my Pungo more enjoyable.

It is a stable kayak in all the conditions I use it in. I enjoy fishing in the marshes of seabrook and plum island and this boat handles it well. My wife and I were on the Concord river yesterday and it handles slow moving rivers with ease. There is plenty of storage for gear and the boat is light enough for me to handle easily on and off the car.

My wife has a 14.5 Carolina Perception and I can keep up with her with a little more effort when on paddling trips. I use this kayak a lot and have not had any problems with it structurally. Nothing has broken on it and it still is in good condition after 4 years of high use. I would highly recommend this kayak for all types of recreational use. A very satisfied customer and a much different review than the first one.