Submitted: 08-27-2007 by BG

Well I have read the reviews and bought the Colorado yesterday ($329). I have had the Old Town and it was much heavier than this thing. I sail my kayak with a gaff sail and plan to re-rig this boat for sailing and use on TableRock lake, where we have some 40'+ doing 60MPH+ so there are some serious wakes at times. I can't get much information on the Ram-X material, but what I read sounds good.

I will be stiffing the boat at the gunnels and with a cross member for outriggers, mast foot and cover so it should be fine. A buddy builds beautiful strippers and he thinks the boat is an excellent boat for the money to start a building project with. 800 capacity will carry all the modifications well and it should still be a good camping boat, but then I go pretty light too, using backpacking equipment! Anyone with experience in modifications to this boat (or similar) would be appreciated. Good Paddling and be safe.
Oh, my rating is based on the bang for the buck!