Submitted: 08-27-2007 by Fred Camper

This is my second review after using the boat for almost two seasons. I would still buy another inflatable, because with this boat I have been out on the water way more than a hard kayak due to our camping lifestyle.

As I mentioned before, wind is certainly a factor with a boat sitting so far above the water. Of course it is not an issue when motoring as a Mercury 3.3 works very well on this boat. I do enjoy the boat the most as a kayak and paddling.

It is really fun out on Lake Michigan, regardless of the level of waves. But certainly high winds mean little progress will be made (but you will still have fun!).

While I used to think it needed a rudder, I no longer feel that way. Paddling solo, I can compensate for wind my offsetting the paddle 3 inches off to one side. When paddling tandem, I ask my partner to offset her paddle and that allows my correction to be effective. A rudder would just be a burden now.

My foot rest mod is working well, but I changed out the chain for quick dry rope. Looks nicer and equally effective. For me and my family, this is still a great choice. I too had to repair a pump leak, but no boat leaks in two years of steady use.