Submitted: 08-23-2007 by gregoryjacob

I've owned different pads before but recently purchased the Skwoosh pad specifically to cushion the seat of a racing kayak. I wanted something thin and that would allow me to continue to get good rotation. The Skwoosh pad is just the ticket. The lower side is made of a gripping material that works great. No need for strings or clips. I just throw it in the boat before launch. It doesn't move. The upper side is slick so your bottom rotates without hardly being aware there is a pad underneath. I row hard for hours with full rotation and forget it's there. Lately I've been using it in a Thunderbolt. Those who own the T-Bolt know the seat can be pretty cruel after a while. The Skwoosh pad completely eliminated soreness and cramping. It is thin yet still cushions really well. It's the best kayak pad I've found, and I have tried most out there in one kayak or another. I'll never buy another type again.

Thunder Bay Tourism: