Submitted: 08-20-2007 by Linda

I am new to kayaking and was looking for a used yak. I had been to two kayak demo days and was more confused than I was before going. I went to a dealer and tried out a Ocean Venice and thought that was the boat I was going to buy. That was until we went to another dealer and demoed a Mojo. This kayak would coast straight and true when I quit paddling and there was no wobble from right to left as I paddled like there was in the Venice.

The cockpit is wide enough, I can sit Indian style (which I like to do) and give my legs a break. When we got back to the dock I pulled up along side and wondered if I could stand up in the yak to step out onto the dock. So, I grabbed hold of the dock post and stood up! I never felt like this kayak was going to tip even standing. This cinched it for me. I gave up my search for a used kayak and bought this one on the spot.