Submitted: 08-20-2007 by Jeff

I have made one 23 mile trip down the Yellowstone river with the SE 330. It was a great boat I plan on using it for several years until I get into the sport more to upgrade.

Just a few minor problems I had in case you are looking to buy one. I am 6'2" 220lbs so some of the problems have to do with my size. In shallow water, when I went over rocks at a slower speed, I got stuck and had to get out to move the boat to deeper water. I know more of this has to with the the fact that my rear sits in the water a little lower than others might so I have to deal with it.

I only used one seat and when I centered it in the boat, it kept slipping to the back of the boat. I had to use the air pump and a hand held water cooler to wedge in between the seat and the end of the boat. When I did this, it was a very comfortable ride and my back didn't get sore even after 7 hours. I am going to buy something to use as a wedge otherwise the seat will keep moving.

The other thing I didn't like is that there isn't any rope on the sides so you can tie down your gear. I ran a rope around and made my own to clip my stuff to. It works good. For a guy my size, I had enough room for a cooler of beer between my legs and some food and my other stuff clipped in front of my feet. Not a problem for a day trip but maybe to small of a boat for an overnight trip. When I do take it on an overnight trip, I plan on sleeping in the boat, its that comfortable.

This boat is very easy to turn and paddle. Yes, you have to steer it to keep it straight, but thats what I bought it for, a workout. I went through some class 2s and I never had a problem, and it was a very fun ride. I didn't even take the bailing plug out and I hardly got any water in the boat except when I tried to get out after a few too many Buds... but that's my fault.

If you're looking to get started like I am, this is a very good boat to start with. $350 to your door, 10 minutes to pump it up and another 10 to load you stuff and you are ready to go. I will update after some more trips, but it was a good start.

Balance Solutions, LLC: