Submitted: 08-17-2007 by Splash
I have to agree 100% with everything Inukie said about this kayak, so I won't repeat everything, especially the control issues.

I am 6'1" and 215 lbs, maybe a bit big for this Yak. I have been paddling for many years and have paddled a number of make and models mostly all Sea Touring but even some recreational when that was the only option. Contrary to other reviews I had no problems getting in the cockpit.

I found the St. Lawrence very uncomfortable to sit in for more than an hour. I couldn't find any comfortable position for my feet, size 12 and that's bare feet. It seemed impossible to adjust the foot rudder controls to a position where my feet could comfortably work the rudder. My butt also objected to any longer period due to lack of a half decent seat and I have kayaked for 6 or 7 hours non-stop before.

I paddled it on the St Lawrence River in the Morrisberg area with a wind of approx. 10 km/h. Waves maybe 1.5 feet high. The hatches leaked liked crazy everytime a wave hit and I really tried to tighten down the belts. The bow plowed through everything that came at me, causing more water to enter the hatches. The skirt the boat came with left a lot to be desired. Rolling usually demanded pumping out a fair bit a water. I also found the deck lines a problem. Water bottles and bailing pump kept sliding out somehow. Never really had that problem with other boats.

I did not appreciate this boat at all and certainly would not recommend it to anyone that wants to actually paddle on anything more than on a quiet pond at the cottage. There are much better boats for not much more money.