Submitted: 08-14-2007 by allbritj

This is boat number 4 for me and I have paddled a lot more. I consider myself an intermediate paddler and prefer creeks and rivers to large lakes and bays. That said, this boat is perfect for me. It turns on a dime will little effort and that's important on the rivers. My Tarpon 120 just can't match up to the maneuverability of this boat. The speed of the boat is also better than the Tarpon 120. The Tarpon's tracking is a little better, but with decent paddle strokes, the Manta goes where you want it to with ease. And the rockered hull of this boat makes going in between trees, stumps, and rocks fun.

The most important detail is the seat. I love it. I can paddle all day in this thing. I have heard it mentioned that you can't sit sideways to fish in this boat, but I had no problems at all. Just scoot up a little in the seat.

Same amount of storage as the Tarpon, but I like how things are laid out in this boat. For example, something as minor as the cup holder. It is close to the seat as compared to the Tarpon where you have to reach half way across the boat for your cold one.

Fast (well, faster than other SOTs), easy to turn, and it goes straight when you need it to. This is a terrific boat. My only word of caution, get it now because Liquid Logic is no longer making this boat. It's being turned over to Native Watercraft and they are changing the seating around. Why fix something when it's not broke?

Two improvements I would make: The foot pegs seem a little flimsy, but are easily replaced. Second, the paddle keepers. Other than that, this is a awesome ride.