Submitted: 08-14-2007 by David C

I'm 6'1", 195lbs, experienced and comfortable on the water, but moderately new to kayaking. I shopped everything, and found that the Tsunami 140 and 125 fit me perfectly and had all of the features I wanted (the seat is the best I could find.) I opted for the 125, and have been absolutely pleased with it.

I have had it out in still water several times, and this past weekend took it to the Outer Banks to blast through the surf for some true ocean paddling. This 125 cruises faster than the comparable Necky and Perception kayaks that my friends were paddling. Mine was the boat that everyone wanted to try out.

Craftsmanship: perfect.
Design: so much better than those of my friends. This boat needs no skeg, tracks very well, and has fairly good roll stability.
Features: It has everything I need, and several features found only on much more expensive boats.
Only complaint: I usually were shoes, but when going barefoot, my feet hit against the screws holding the foot braces.

To summarize, I am extremely pleased with the Tsunami 125. The Wilderness Systems web site blows, so don't bother going there for much info. (I think they have wisely spent their time designing and manufacturing excellent kayaks with lifetime warranties!) Find one at a local retailer. Sit in it and adjust that great seat. See if they'll let you put one in the water, and you'll buy it!