Submitted: 08-13-2007 by Charlie

I bought this boat simply as a means to get back and forth to my sailboat while it's anchored. I didn't want a typical flat bottomed Zodiac dinghy and thought owning a kayak would be kind of fun. Am I ever glad I bought the Sunny!

One concern I had with a kayak was getting into it from the stern of the sailboat without tipping it over, particularly in choppy water. With the Sunny it's no problem at all. I just launch my butt off the swim ladder and onto the seat of the Sunny, grab the paddle and away I go. With two people it's just as easy. The boat is extremely stable.

I can see I'm going to get a lot of use out of this little boat since I can take it out to small mountain lakes and rivers where the sailboat won't go. It's not designed for whitewater but that's not what I bought it for.

One thing I can say about Innova is quality. This boat will take a beating and keep on going. I use a 12 volt electric pump to blow it up and it's ready to go in about ten minutes. The advantage to the electric pump is that I can set the pump to the exact air pressure recommended by the manufacturer.

I chose the Sunny over the Helios 2 since I can change the seat around to paddle solo. I met a guy with a Helios 2 and after one look at my Sunny he said he was going to trade his in.

All in all, this Sunny is a great little boat. Hard core kayakers might disagree, but for my needs this boat is perfect.