Submitted: 08-13-2007 by Richard Couture

I've purchased a twin otter after having a single one for two years, marvelous. It's true I'm athletic and don't mind the weight cause I'm a construction worker and I'm only 35... I bought it to try and entice my girlfriend in kayaking. I knew that she wouldn't like a solo cause she is a bit lazy and afraid of water (lol). So she sits in it and paddles on and off, I take it like a workout. It's a very versatile boat and better suited for the kind of water I paddle than the single otter. I use both in the St-Laurence River in the province of Quebec in Canada, one of the biggest rivers in the world. The trill of having a whale come up beside you is indescribable, if a bit scary the first time...

Yes you can get a boat with better tracking but the investment is not the same and both my otters cost me the price of a better twin kayak... excuse my English, I'm French speaking.