Submitted: 08-13-2007 by stallion09

The V10 Sport offers much of the speed of the V10 with added stability.

First off I have only been paddling now for about 4 months so please consider this a newbie's review. Prior to the sport I paddled a Ocean Kayak Sprinter. It was my goal to transition from the Sprinter to a ski. When I felt I had outgrown the Sprinter I bought the V10 Sport. I have the fiberglass version and it is a pleasure to lift. I cannot imagine how light the other layups are.

The V10 Sport was not easy too learn. Even though the Sprinter was narrow I think I picked up some poor paddling technique with it. My first few outings on the Sport were difficult. I was falling constantly and felt uncomfortable. Eventually I got used to the boat and am much more comfortable with it. The boat is fast and light. It glides well. This thing slices through head on waves like a hot knife through butter.

Great boat! As my forward stroke continues to improve so does the performance of this fine craft.