Submitted: 05-02-2000 by Randy Byers

First trip in this Duralite canoe was a 17-mile, multi-lake paddle event with several kayakers and canoes. Basically calm to rolling water, at times small white caps with wind primarily at our backs. The Quetico 17 handled extremely well. Very good stability overall, easy to manuever and I felt very fast through the water. Most of the time, my wife and I were ahead of the kayaks which I am told are faster than canoes, but we had no evidence of that as we were easily ahead of the majority of kayaks all day with out working hard. Extremely light weight, about 51-lbs., very easy to load onto the car top and expecially to portage. Essentially, my wife and I love the canoe. Very comfortable nylon web seats, my wife loved the room she had in the bow...plenty of leg room up front. I highly recommend this canoe to anyone wanting a secure, easy to paddle, tandem big enough for weeklong trips or weekend get aways.