Submitted: 08-09-2007 by Paul/Deb

As a couple reviews ahead of us stated, my wife & I too have Dagger Spectors, in the airlite material. We caught the kayak bug early this spring and started with the Daggers. They're 15'6" x 24" beam. A good stable boat for a beginner. We both teach school and don't work during the summer, so we've been on the water sometimes four days a week. I mention that only because I think our learning curve was steep, and we grew out of the Daggers quickly.

Started researching the internet for new boats and found a little company right here in Wisconsin about 100 miles from our home: QCC. We had a lot of trouble with Dagger's customer service with a few issues this spring, so I thought it would really be good to buy from a local company. It turns out, however, QCC's customer service, quality craftsmanship, and design are hands down the best in the industry. Just go to their site, Google -> QCC kayak. Or just continue reading the reviews on this site on the QCC boats and see if you don't agree.

We're both in our 50's and I've had shoulder surgery 3 times, so when we go on group outings to the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior and other places I thought it would be to our advantage to have fast, easy to paddle boats so we can keep up with the group and not have to bust our humps. The Q700X is a freakin knife through butter. We can travel at a much better pace with half the energy exerted. The glide on these boats is awesome. Edging was hard with the Daggers, but not with the 700. Tracks well, and in rough seas the rudder system is bar none the best. It also has solid pegs to lean on while paddling. Other cool thing about the rudder system is that when it is deployed, the entire system is flush with the deck, so tow ropes won't get hung up if needed in a rescue situation.

Needless to say it was a little scary to order boats on the internet, so we went to the QCC factory and met Phill and Steve. Super nice guys. No sales pitch, no pressure to buy. If you see the boat and touch the boat it screams quality. We loaded a couple 700's up in our trailer for a test paddle about a mile away at a small local lake. We paddled around for about an hour, came back and wrote a check. The test paddle was kind of a waste of time. We were sold before we even had the boats in our trailer.