Submitted: 08-09-2007 by Sitting_Bull

I had the chance to borrow one of these from a friend before purchase... glad I did. I've been in a decent amount of different canoes from different manufacturers (maybe 20 total), and this is one of the least stable canoes I've been in.

When I'm in it by myself, or with my 4 year old, it is rock solid. I think it's because the weighting on the canoe is so lopsided, it rides lower in the water and is more stable.

However, when riding with 2 adults, this canoe is very unstable. We didn't dump, but we were on very calm water and still felt uneasy. This is being sold as a "family friendly" canoe, which I disagree with. This is about the exact opposite I want in a family canoe.

It has a lot of good ideas with the integrated seats, cup holders, etc, and is a very attractive canoe. However, stability rules for family, at least it does with my 2 young children.