Submitted: 08-09-2007 by MuckSavage

I test paddled a Stingray 12 during my "research" of my new boat. In comparing boats, I paddled a Dirigo 12, Pungo 12, Pamlico 12, Acadia, and a Heritage Featherlight 12. All things considered, I really liked the Stingray.

Stable, tracks well, decent speed (all for a 12' rec kayak) It did everything well, including carrying an attractive price tag. It has come down to either the Stingray or Heritage with Stingray getting the nod due to a more comfortable seat. I just found out that Liquid Logic & Heritage are under the same parent company. They've decided that Liquid Logic will sell only Whitewater boats with the rec boats being marketed under Heritage's name. For 2008 the Stingray & Featherlight will share the same seat currently in the Featherlight. So, suddenly, I'm in a rush to get an '07 with the more comfy (in my opinion) seat.