Submitted: 08-08-2007 by CRJ

I have a large expedition boat and wanted something lighter and easier for one person to handle. The Express certainly has fit the bill for me. I've put 40 miles on it since I bought it (used) 4 weeks ago. I've done paddles in the San Juan Islands and near Shelton, and several workout sessions on a local lake. I've had it in 4' boat wakes and turbulence, in 15kt winds, and so far it's handled very well. No bulkheads, but I'm not going to use this boat for long trips so I stuff flotation bow and stern. My sliding seat has a pan-head screw that hurts my hip so I will have to fix that but otherwise the seat adjusts well and allows me to change trim (like from cruising to surfing) in a moment. At under 50lbs (fiberglass) it's easy for me (and I don't walk that well) to launch and retrieve. They're back in production with boats in kevlar. I would highly recommend it if you want a well-balanced, easily moved, lightweight boat that can take on the weather.