Submitted: 08-08-2007 by Pango
UPDATE TO REVIEW
I took my Dragonfly I to the beach in Mexico. I purchased a splash guard instead of a full spray skirt, and this allowed a bit of sandy water into the kayak on my way out beyond the waves. I will eventually have to take the thing completely apart to wash out all of the sand since it got between the bladder and the skin. Otherwise, it was great fun plowing into 2' waves. My traveling companions all had to try it out and they loved it. One was amazed at how easy it was to paddle and is now considering one of her own.

I also took it to a small quiet lake on a camping trip this past weekend. I was able to get it up to 4 MPH with a lot of hard work, and was able to cruise at 3.5 MPH for a few minutes at a time.

I'm still having a hard time determining if it's at the correct pressure. I can tell when it's too low because it almost lets water in when I press against the sides to slide my butt back. One time I pumped it enough that I felt cramped because the bladder was taking up so much of the cabin. I hope I can find the correct pressure without blowing a hole in it first.