Submitted: 08-08-2007 by Jody Robinson

I bought this boat from Dick's sporting goods. As other reviews on the Montour 11 have stated, I believe this is the "Pacifica" rebadged for sale exclusively at Dicks. The seat isn't the same, they did cheapen it down a bit, but I found it to be OK after re-routing the back band thru the slots in the seat back and also behind the right side of the seat frame.

As others have said, the skeg needs a little bushing out, but if you are mechanically inclined enough to remove a bolt and add a couple of plastic washers, this is no big deal.

I ran the South Fork of the New River on Saturday and I love the boat. I don't have any seat time in rec boats to compare it to (other than a Keowee 2) but I thought it tracked well without the skeg, and even better with it down. I thought it was responsive, considering it's length and almost no rocker. Plenty of room to squeeze a soft cooler between my knees, I'm, 5-10, 175#.

The boat is stable enough for me to surf a class I while your legs are out sunning on the deck. The dry hatch leaks if you roll the boat. It didn't come off, but it allowed a couple of inches in there after rolling twice in a class II. I'm working on fix for that though.

I was going to get an Old Town Dirigo, but it was 130$ more. I think it's great boat for the price of 499$