Submitted: 08-07-2007 by Georgia_Kayaker
I have a Kestrel 120HV. The kayak tracks well on flat water and maneuvers well through shoals on Class I/II rivers. I have pushed the limits of this kayak beyond the mfg's imagination. The kayak has been used on a 26, 30 and 49 day trip. The bow foam was removed to allow more storage with no effect on the kayak. The dry storage is quite large although the cover doesn't form a tight seal and tends to deform in heat/sunshine. The kayak also handled well on class III and IV and can be rolled with practice. The seat is comfortable even though the seat pad is thin. The paddle holding clips were removed because they are located where the knuckles tend to hit them. Considering the design use of the Kestrel is an exceptional kayak and rates a good 9. Considering the extreme tests, abuse, accomplishments and after 7,000+ miles I give it a well deserved 10.