Submitted: 08-07-2007 by Yanoer
I've had this 56" long, 8.5" wide ZRE Medium straight shaft for about a week now and have used it a few times, and at about 12.5oz as weighed on my wife's kitchen scale (3oz heavier than my 47.75" Medium bent weighed on the same scale) it is so much more of a pleasure to use than my wooden straight shaft paddles that weigh about twice as much. It is all I'd hoped it would be. I saved a few dollars by buying it second hand, but never used, and now that I've had the pleasure of using it, would probably pay full price for a replacement if I should break this one. This was the only used straight shaft Zaveral that I've ever seen advertised, so I don't think used ones are available very often.

Highly recommended if you'd like a straight shaft paddle as light as your carbon bent or about half the weight of your wooden straight shaft. I've been using a Zaveral Medium bent for a couple years now and it greatly enhanced my pleasure of paddling, even if my skills are somewhat lacking.