Submitted: 08-06-2007 by smithfield_paddler
I wanted to update my previous review regarding the Twist Lock (TLC) on the Aqua-Bound paddle.

I was contacted by Joe Matuska, General manager and founder of Aqua-Bound paddles, after he read my review of his product in which I stated that the twist lock had come undone two times while paddling. Now keep in mind that I had never even called him to complain. So imagine my surprise when he called me to offer a brand new paddle with an updated TLC design. I did have the Manta Ray but asked him to send a Stingray instead. The new paddle arrived in short order, free of charge. I have never experienced this level of customer service from any other company. Canít recall the last time the general manager of any company ever called me to try and resolve a problem... ever. Needless to say, I was very impressed.

The new TLC design has a more definite ďclickĒ as it locks in. I have used it on two separate occasions (6 hours total) and had no problems whatsoever with the paddle coming apart on me. The new design is definitely superior to the previous generation. In all fairness to my old Manta Ray, the twist lock never came apart on me again aside from the two occasions on itís first use. I think after I got a little sand in and out of it, the increased friction in the coupler helped keep it from unscrewing.

Iím very happy with my new Stingray which Iíll review in the Stingray section.