Submitted: 08-06-2007 by bobbe

Being a longtime sea kayaker who lives in the Colorado Rockies and travels long distance for tours, I was looking for a way to spice up my weekly training on our high-altitude reservoirs. The Futura II has far surpassed my hopes for fun, speed and an excellent training tool. The freedom of movement and body position provide what feels like a total body workout. I am 5'3" and weigh 115lbs but have no problem handling it whatsoever - I can easily lift it for loading and carrying. What a delight after all these years of dealing with my heavy expedition kayak. Despite its length, it turns on a dime. And it is remarkably stable, making it an excellent choice for our Colorado cold mountain water paddling conditions. When it is time for my next expedition, it will be hard to return to my sea kayak... What a blast this surf ski is!

New York Kayak Co.: