Submitted: 08-03-2007 by woodsman

Due to an increasing bad back, I had to get a boat that's lighter than our 43 pound canoe and 38 pound kayak; it was just too painful to put them on the vehicle for transport. After some research and talking to a friend who has had two of these boats for years, it was an easy to decide on this canoe.

And it's a dandy -- faster than my kayak and even faster than the canoe, tracks well and is very stable. Mine is a kevlar/carbon fiber combination with cherry and ash trim that has garnered a lot of admiring comments -- especially when people learn that it weighs a mere 15 pounds. Has to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's even handled pretty good sized waves when the wind came up on my favorite lake.

If you're looking for a lightweight boat that handles well and looks great buy one of these.