Submitted: 08-03-2007 by murn
Our family just purchased a kayak pro nemo sea kayak. My wife was paddling a 17' necky Elaho HV. It was way too heavy for her to lift and carry around. She has only been a paddler for a short time. She took to the boat easily and did her first race ever. She can paddle full power in most moderate waters.

My son is 11 and 95# . He flies in the boat and raced it twice. Even in windy conditions he still was able to maneuver effectively.

The boat is very light and stable. Every thing is well made and easy to adjust. My wife loves the gas pedal style rudder system. As for me, the boat is very fast and can cruise easily over 6.5 mph. Sprinting is over 9 mph and sustained race pace around 7 mph. It handles rough water very well.

This boat is a slam dunk! good for all ranges of paddlers. Great touring, surfing and racing kayak. Extremely well made boat.