Submitted: 08-02-2007 by Cecil

I first paddled the Suka several months ago at a demo day in Half Moon Bay, California. The fit was perfect. My size is probably the max for this kayak: 5'9" tall and 155 lbs. I think any larger will be a tight fit. Current Designs designed the Suka for 150 lbs. or less. A month passed and I get to try the Suka again in a paddle clinic in Sacramento River. This time about 2-3 hours of paddling.

I rate the Suka way up there on my list....better than the Caribou, Solstice, Capella, Seayak, etc... Why? I like the perfect fit. It feels like I'm one with the kayak. The hard chine makes for a easy turn while leaning to one side. The cockpit is large enough to pull out my legs to dangle on the side. The size is just right for me. Easy to paddle and portage. For super long distance, I use my Nordkapp. And for straight line exercise & speed I'd use my V10-S surfski.