Submitted: 08-01-2007 by redfeather1
I have an early Kahuna - bought in 2000 when they were first introduced. I paddle in demanding, cold water conditions in Alaska and have found my Kahuna to always be up the task, and a joy to paddle.

I have the full set-up - both fore and aft hatches and the FC rudder. The rudder provides an extra measure of stability and control in challenging conditions, but most of the time I paddle with it flipped up onto the deck. The boat has been very durable and shows little wear despite how much use it has gotten, mostly in salt water, being dragged on sharp rocky beaches. I couldn't say the same for either my previous two boats - one fiberglass and one rotomolded.

For smaller paddlers (I am 5'6" 150 lb woman) it is easy to cartop, and a dream fit. The sea sock takes a little getting used to, but I find that I really like it. Best of all... I can take it with me on an airplane - both scheduled airline and bush plane and get to amazing destinations. Having my own boat and not having to deal with a rental is worth every penny I paid for the Kahuna. If you are looking to buy a used Kahuna, you should.