Submitted: 07-30-2007 by psherman
I decided to wait till I got back from a recent trip with this trailer to write this review. I had used the trailer perhaps half a dozen times to go to local rivers before taking it on a 1300-mile trip (Florida to North Carolina), during which the trailer was connected for all but perhaps 100 miles, over both interstate at 70 mph and rutted, ill-maintained 2-lane roads, as well as both dirt roads and gravel inclines.

I am 5'2. We bought a Nissan Xterra. Obviously, carrying the boat on top of the car was simply not an option for me. I researched trailers and it seemed that in terms of durability and road-worthiness, the Rack and Roll was the only choice.

It made the trip to NC and back in great form. The manufacturers make it clear that if the trailer is going to fail, it will fail in the tires, so I was very particular about checking the pressure and inflating every morning that it was being driven. One tire held the pressure pretty consistently, the other was always down by 7 lbs after sitting overnight. We will be taking that tire to be checked for a leak. I'm sure it can be fixed, and given that this trailer was a year old when I bought it (it was a demo), this cannot be held against the manufacturer.

It follows the car very closely so there is no need to compensate with wide turns, etc. I normally take a 14-foot kayak on it, but for the NC trip I had a 15' boat on it.

Yes, this trailer is expensive, but isn't reliability on the road, and therefore your safety, worth a little extra expense? I highly recommend this trailer.