Submitted: 07-26-2007 by sanchezm

I bought this kayak for my wife on sale at MC Sports for $300.00, not including local state taxes. After using it a few times I like it almost as much as my SOT kayak, which is an Emotion Exhilarator that I bought used.

It doesn't get a 10 because of two things. One is that it didn't come with any deck rigging, I suppose to keep the price down? And two, the drink holder needs to be moved forward a few inches. A common problem in most kayaks that offer a drink holder. It's almost useless in the existing position for an adult. A child or teen should have no problem with it though. While seated, an adult has to keep their lower back tight up against the back of the seat in order to make use of it. If you start to slide down in the seat at all, your drink is right up against your crotch area, which can be annoying!

It tracks and rides exceptionally well for being only 10' long. We have a 20 pound Schipperke dog that rides with my wife with no problems in the roomy cockpit. It is also very light and easy to haul. My friend went out and bought one at my suggestion and loves it!