Submitted: 07-26-2007 by joe

Initially pleased with set up. I've loaded it within manufacturer's specs using top bars for two bike rails and a cargo box. Two 17-18 ft composite boats on lower bars. Am now experiencing my second tongue failure. The first tongue bent near the trailer. A replacement took many, many weeks last summer during peak paddling season. Now, once again, the second tongue is bending. It also appears that the frame of the trailer at the tongue has become deformed. This is not due to abuse or mishandling of the trailer. The failure has occurred on paved roads, such as they are in New England. That I payed a premium for this flimsy thing and am now left with an expensive pile of aluminum and no way to portage my boat is incredibly frustrating! Don't waste your money! Buy something more durable!!!