Submitted: 07-24-2007 by mdd

The main issue is "What are you using the kayak for?" Full disclosure for me: I wanted something to take my three children out on the beaches of S. Walton, FL and paddle among the dolphins and watch other marine life. My children (ages 13, 10, 8) love to take turns up front and it is a great workout for me. I lock the yak on the beach and head out in the AM and PM to fish. This gives me plenty of room and I have to only paddle out 400 or 500 yards to catch fish. This is a great kayak and has served us well.

Other reviewers are right that it is heavy to load and hard to portage. I have a Chevy Suburban which makes travel easier as I drive from Tulsa, OK to Destin, FL. The only reason I purchased this was to spend time in the water in Florida. I can imagine that if you want to yak in other bays that it can and work well. Hope this helps, but I would purchase in a heart beat. My wife gave it to me as a birthday present after doing lots of research. Buy IT!