Submitted: 07-23-2007 by MAL

I lusted after this canoe, but was talked into a different one by Karl Ketter 20 years ago. He was right. Most people bought these thinking it would be a good BWCAW/Quetico canoe, WRONG! The sides are too high, catch the wind too much and make your arms tired reaching over them, if the sides were 2" lower it would be perfect for BWCAW/Quetico.

This boat was designed as a downriver racer, that's what it's good for. It is quick but the tall sides prevent going fast for long. The tall sides do help in whitewater. I bought mine used, a Tuffweave, which makes it perfect for small rocky rivers with whitewater. Incredibly seaworthy and fun to paddle despite the tall sides, itís just frustrating knowing you could go faster for longer if the sides werenít so tall .

My Voyager is a much better canoe for BWCAW/Quetico but I like my C1W for what it is intended..