Submitted: 07-20-2007 by EKM

Haven't owned a canoe before the Allagash 164, but spent many a summer out on a lake in BC canoeing with a close friend when I was a kid. So buying one now, some 25 years later was well, tough! But I settled on the Allagash and am very happy. My son and I took it out on Potholes Lake for several miles and it really performed very nicely! The wind didn't bother us too much unless trying to sit still (then we just drifted away) and the wake of speed boats didn't matter either.

On smaller lakes it's a dream and we were finding our selves dumping it in every little pond we could find to do a little fishing :)

Medium lakes with lots of wind weren't much of a problem either and going solo in this canoe just seems 'right'. I'd like to get another actually, but I see they may not make this model anymore.