Submitted: 07-17-2007 by Andrea

Just bought the Yak in May and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. I wanted an inexpensive boat that I could paddle around a lake with, paddle around the ocean, and surf with. It's a little slower than others on the lake, but works just fine. I can get from point A to Point B and truly enjoy myself with it, and pretty much keep up with friends that also have SOT's.

For surfing, I LOVE IT. It turns on a dime... and catches just about every wave, and is so much fun I can't say enough about it. The hardest part of surfing is turning the kayak fast enough to catch the wave in time... and the yak does this so easily. Plus the 8' length makes it so easy to transport. It fits inside my boyfriends Subaru Outback if you take the head rest off the passenger seat. And it fits in the trunk of my Mercury Milan with the seats down... with only a little sticking out. Much easier than a larger kayak to take places if you don't want to invest in a roof rack. A++ from me.