Submitted: 07-17-2007 by H.A.

I built the Cirrus LT about 4 years ago. I was attracted to the design because unlike most other S&G boats the Cirrus is built over forms which allows for a more complex shape and more accurate build. It was a straight forward process for a first time builder.

Performance wise this boat excels. It is a hard tracking hull that turns well when edged. I have paddled in all sorts of conditions that occur in Southern Australia and have always felt comfortable. The boat has no rudder or skeg. With the wind on the rear quarter it will weathercock but no more than any other boat I've paddled. I'm 160 lbs and the Cirrus LT suits me well for day paddles and expeditions as long as I don't need to carry too much water.

It is fast and in a recent flat water race I came first in the sea kayak division. The only change I would have/might still make would be to recess the cockpit rim.

I don't really believe in perfection so no 10 but I certainly have no desire to replace my Cirrus LT.