Submitted: 07-16-2007 by Beano390

My Vivianne is about 7 or so years old, an ex demo, sold to a friend who sold it to me 6 years ago. At 6ft 5in and 250 pounds, it is one of the few boats I can fit into. Despite its age and having been used for 12 months of each year I've had it, it looks remarkably good and only on close inspection can one see the signs of scraping on and off beaches or hitting hidden rocks. Being ex-demo it has a triple lay-up and is thus a lot heavier than normal, about 70 pounds, so it's a bit unwieldy to load and off load from the car.

I agree with most of what the other reviewers say, the main exception being the position of the front bulkhead, which actually needs moving about 2in forward were I to have the rudder fitted. I have paddled a fair bit of the SW English peninsular and around Brittany, where the tides can be very strong and the seas often very choppy with steep, sometimes very confused seas, and only rarely have I felt ill at ease. I would recommend it to any larger-than-average paddlers such as myself.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: