Submitted: 07-16-2007 by Andy B

I've paddled about all of the OC-1/2s on the market and this is a fun boat! It is not for a beginner or a weekends only paddling couple. My wife and I bought one used from a gentleman who purchased it thinking it was a good entry level boat. Wrong!!

The Blast is a very responsive and aggressive boat in every thing from peeling out of eddies and surfing the littlest of waves to dancing around the rocks in Browns Canyon at 400 CFS. This boat needs a good pair of paddlers that communicate well due to its quick mobility. If not the paddlers might lose their friendship. If you push the boundaries one will find that it is very stable on the lake or while punching through rapids like 5 falls. We had this boat on its side while holding a low brace on a lake.

Lastly, We look forward to having this boat around in our family collection to help bring our children along the canoing traditions since it comes with a tri-saddle (Mainly for solo paddling but good for the 2-6yr old with their parents).