Submitted: 07-13-2007 by cottage46
I have paddled the Zoar Sport LV for 2-3 years. The boat fits me very well (5'1" 120 lbs). I sat in and paddled dozens of boats and the Zoar fit me the best. The biggest problem I had with other kayaks was that the cockpit was too deep. When I bought it, the salesman predicted that I'd be back in a couple of years for a longer, narrower boat. By golly, he was right! I just bought an Eliza last week.

In comparing the two, the Zoar is very stable. Maybe too stable. I think it's a great beginner boat, but I outgrew it fairly quickly. It's definitely a great boat for a smaller paddler. One thing I disliked was the seat which they've since changed. I usually paddle in shorts and the back of my shorts leg would be hanging off the seat in the water that accumulated in the boat. The seat also absorbed water.