Submitted: 07-13-2007 by Jason

I bought this canoe April 2007. Used it many, many times. Have not tipped it over AT ALL. I usually have a friend in the front, me in the back, and my 4 year old son in the middle, and he likes to lean over the side to play in the water, and never tipped over. We fish a lot in this canoe and sometimes I stand up in the canoe to un-snag a lure caught in a low tree branch and it doesn't tip. HOWEVER if you put a third ADULT in the middle seat, it gets very unstable. We still didn't tip it, but the two times we tried it we were all very uncomfortable as the smallest move seemed very near to capsize the boat.

Other complaints, It is a BARGE to paddle. It is slow, but with two adults we can get where we want to go when we go fishing. Also it catches wind like a sail. The lake we go on is pretty windy, so I do not take it out with just my son and I. I always have someone with me. (hope to remedy this problem with trolling motor). It is great for small wind protected ponds and lakes though. It is heavy at 77 pounds, but I can load and unload it myself onto our minivan, I just don't look forward to it much.

Benefits- CHEAP - great deal if you want to get on the water on a budget, or are just starting and want to try something cheap first before buying something nicer later. Lots of room. Great for camping/fishing. A note on the built in rod holders. They hold your rod straight up, so they are ok to store rods out of the way (unless your paddling they are right in the way of your elbows) but don't expect to paddle and troll with a rod pointed straight up, the line will catch on everything in the canoe. You will still want to get adjustable rod holders. The cupholders are not actually deep enough to hold a drink without it being knocked over very easily. These are minor details though. Most canoes don't have rod holders or cup holders anyway, so you're not losing anything anyway.

Definitely recommend the canoe to a budget oriented or beginning canoer. Plenty stable, and fine for fishing for two adults.