Submitted: 07-11-2007 by T.R.

I traveled far to acquire my 2004 fiberglass Formula Mystic after falling in love with it at a demo show . It is a beautiful boat and at 5 ft. 7 and 145 pounds it seems to be a perfect fit. It felt very well made compared to some of the other boats I took out.I haven't had water in the hatches yet, but if I did, Impex in Canada or North Carolina will gladly walk you through the correct way to close the hatch properly.
It has been a dream to paddle, it is my first kayak and I wanted a boat that would be easier to carry and take me further than a recreational kayak in the long run in terms of the learning curve. I did fine in 12 knot winds in Maine on Casco Bay. It tracked straight and turned easily. Although I am still learning, I can't think of a nicer boat to experience the joys and thrills of being out on the water with.
I highly recommend the Formula Mystic Sea Kayak, also called the Impex Mystic. They are the same boats, just called Formula in Canada and Impex in the U.S. Now, my current understanding is all their boats are called Impex everywhere.
You deal with real people at Impex because the company is small, so it's a very personal experience when you call.