Submitted: 07-11-2007 by Mark@ADK

I bought this as a first boat 4 years ago, and it is the best investment I have made, dollar for dollar, as long as I have been kayaking.
I have read other reviews and agree with the other boaters who state that this boat has very spartan appointments, however the stability and reliability of this Pungo clone is legendary. Most rec boaters consider the Pungo to be the kayak equivalent of the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord, and I believe this to be accurate. What you get with the C12 is not a Corolla or Civic, but a less well appointed version of a proven winner.
The footpegs are O.K., and realistically, anyone should set their feet before pushing off. The seat is bare but solid, and not easily adjusted while afloat, but again, get set before you shove off. Deck rigging is minimalistic, but really, how much is the average rec. boater going to lash onto the deck?
The bow and stern floats are pretty much ineffective except for keeping the boat from sinking when full of water (I am speaking from experience). However, there is a great deal of space available for camping gear and supplies if you think ahead and balance your load. I have gone island hopping with this and even carried several logs and a 1/2 case of beer in addition to campsite essentials.
The poly is thinner than a Pungo, but then again, you get what you pay for. This boat will distort if left on a rack , especially with straps taut and high ambient temperatures. No real need for a spray skirt with this type of boat unless you are paddling an extended trip and may encounter rain, but then again, why would you be on the water if you don't want to get wet?
I have owned numerous kayaks ans currently own Liquidlogic and Necky yaks, and while I enjoy them immensely, the C12 is an outstanding value. If you have an opportunity to snag one, do it.