Submitted: 07-10-2007 by Dan Weisberg

We purchased our Innova (Gumotek) Sunny in 2001 to fish in freshwater lakes. It requires zero maintenance and has been 100% reliable. It is very stable, and paddles as well as a plastic rental kayak. It sets up and breaks down quickly, and it's compactness makes it easy to carry in a car trunk, or to stow at home in a closet or on a shelf. I always use the skeg, and the boat tracks beautifully. This IK is an excellent value as well. The seats could be more comfortable, and I glued a D-ring on the middle of each tube so the back paddler has a place to easily clip a camera or a brush anchor (it looks like the new Sunny's already have this). Also, I'm going to try installing the skeg with only two brackets instead of four as several reviewers suggest, since getting the skeg into place using all four brackets is an annoyance.
Overall, this inflatable has provided years of productive, trouble-free kayak fishing in an easily stowed and transported package at a great price.