Submitted: 07-10-2007 by Gar

Well this is my follow up! Made my very first trip today down river for 15.4 miles, My Predator 138, was shaky to me at first but remember this is my first time ever in one! It handled wonderfully. Took a couple of power stroke to turn hard but good. Was very stable once I got my balance. I hit some stumps and she slid right over and off of them thanks to the semi v hull design, my canoe would have probably tipped over. Tracked very well, I thank and nice light stokes keep me up with others in canoes. The only draw back for me was the work deck "Which is great and one reason I chose this brand" I will fix each of the rear corners for easy quick disconnect as my legs are not as flexible as they used to be and I had to take my hand and get my foot in under the work deck, but this will be a easy fix, just unsnap one corner when getting in and out and re snap, but will need modified to do this! But I am very pleased so far. But put my GPS and cell in water tight gloves and put in each side of work deck like it was made for them, put small cooler behind seat and snap to seat strap so it would not slide clear up in the end. I thank a removable cooler with lock to keep cooler in were option rear hatch goes would be an improvement! I thank Old Town will be sorry they discontinued this mid size Predator 138 Kayak. But if your 250 lbs or Lighter look at the Predator 111, I would have considered this one, but not rated for my weight. The 140 hum bigger and heavier, maisewell take my Old town canoe! But love it, exceeded my expectations.