Submitted: 07-10-2007 by bear

My wife and I recently celebrated our 12th anniversary by camping and taking a canoe trip down the Delaware. While picking up a new camp stove, I took a look at sandals (the web site for the canoe rental said we'd need 'Sneaker- River shoes for wading').
I saw the rubber toe box and tried them on. They fit great BUT THE PRICE! The only reason I bought them was because my wife's feet needed something better than rock socks, and the Teva's I had tried would have rubbed against where she'd had surgery.
Now, neither of us had ever canoed over rapids, rocks and ledges, and we took a dunking. Several, in fact. Having the Keen Venice H2's though kept us from getting our feet damaged, in addition to us looking like newbies. THEY WERE WORTH EVERY PENNY I PAID FOR THEM!
You can be all kinds of foolish by doing something without training, but having the right gear can save your as-er, feet.
The ONLY reason I give them an 8 is because they are not made in the USA. Sobbish? No, I just want to support the local economy...