Submitted: 07-06-2007 by HF

I have owned this boat since last September. So far I have used it on the Hudson river. As some other reviewer I expected it to be slow but I can't even keep up with a regular recreational yak. It is extremely stable and dry. I did not try any self rescue yet, but I'm sure it is possible to get back in - the only problem is that it is relatively high sided. The inflatable seat back is not tall enough so that the cockpit rim is pressing on your spine. I bought a sit-on-top Kayak seat to remedy this problem.
The boat tracks straight when used with the rudder without the rudder it is very difficult to keep it straight. Foot room is limited because of the side tubes, Storage space is good although I have not done any touring. I have mounted a Pacific Action sail which works very well since the boat is stable. The hands sometimes rub against the side tubes and previously against the grab line but I use a bungee cord to keep them away from the sidetube in the cockpit area.
I bought this boat because I have limited storage space and like the idea of having the boat in the trunk when traveling. The setup time is 10 to 15 Minutes but carrying the un-inflated boat is very awkward since it is heavy (60#). Packing up takes about the same time but at home it has to be unpacked again to dry out the interior.

The bottom line is if you paddle in a group with other hardshells or want to go somewhere fast this boat is not for you. If you don't mind that you travel slowly and you are able to lug a 60 # ungainly object around and you want a boat that is very unlikely to capsize and you don't mind to pay more for that privilege then you would for a decent hardshell this boat is for you.