Submitted: 07-05-2007 by Doug

We have been using a Sportsrig trailer with extended tongue behind a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid with manual transmission, as this is the only way that type car will carry extra gear. You can not put wind resistance on the roof, which we knew up front from web discussions from persons engaged in bicycling, surfing, etc.
We carry an 18'10" and 17'2" pair of kayaks on 300 mile trips multiple times per year, sometimes carry a canoe, or a Yakima Rocket box and will soon try a canoe and Rocket box combination on extended length load bars.
With 2 people, the 2 kayaks and camping gear for 5 days we get 46 MPG, and highway speeds are not a problem, and we like how the rig handles behind the car.
The spoked wheels are my only rust issue. On my last order for the extended load bars I mentioned this and asked when they would get the cast wheels like Rack and Roll and was told they will be available in August 07.
When the aluminum wheels are on the trailer it would be a 10. We like it, and it fits our needs for carrying our boats and other items without excessive fuel costs.