Submitted: 07-02-2007 by Rick

This is my first kayak purchase, though not the first boat I have paddled. I am very happy with it, especially at the price. I would give it a 10 except for two minor flaws. 1) It would be nice if it had some kind of rigging and 2) as others have suggested, the seat can get uncomfortable on a long paddle. Its not excruciating or anything, but I do need some lumbar support if I take it out for an 8 or 10 mile flat-water trip. At this price, you really can't complain. Bought it for about $300 ($380 with paddle, life vest from REI).I'll paddle the P 10.0 this summer, and if I really am sold on paddling, I'll sell it for $200 (or gift it to family), and upgrade to an $800+ "real" boat. $100 to "rent" a boat and see if you want to get seriously into the sport is well worth it.

I did get a little gear-snob attitude from the folks at REI who wanted me to spend a smooth grand. They actually told me I wouldn't enjoy this low-end boat. I nearly listened and didn't buy anything, because I wasn't willing to part with $1000 to try a sport I might not like! I am so glad I ignored them. I love paddling and love the boat; enough that I probably will upgrade at the end of the season. I don't say all of that to rant; but if you are faced with the same attitude, pay no attention and go for it: I am very happy with this inexpensive but very functional boat.

Bending Branches: